Lead Veterinary Nurse/Technician PractitionerOur highest qualification for nurses in primary care veterinary practice
Who is the Lead Veterinary Nurse Practitioner qualification for?
Advance your skills whilst working towards recognised ISVPS qualifications
Visit the Improve International website for more information on My Veterinary Career.
How will you benefit?
- Increasing the ability to:
- critically evaluate evidence and make clinical decisions on the strength of the best evidence available
- utilise more advanced techniques
- use self-reflection to inform and improve clinical practice.
- Building your confidence and knowledge to share with others in practice.
- Increasing peer and employer recognition of skills and expertise
- Achieving continuing professional development (CPD) requirements
How will your practice benefit?
- Individuals will be more confident in clinical decisions and sharing knowledge
- Retaining talent and expertise through supporting career development
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention through skilled, confident vet nurses
- Ability to illustrate high standards of patient care by having staff with ISVPS globally recognised qualifications
How will your patients and their owners’ benefit?
- The ISVPS purpose is focused on delivering compassionate animal care. The Lead Veterinary Nurse Practitioner award is a globally recognised qualification that supports:
- Improved patient care from committed veterinary professionals
- Increased satisfaction as a result of best practice approaches, informed by the highest ethical standards
Get started now
To get started, enrol on the relevant course with our accredited training provider, Improve Veterinary Education. Once enrolled in a course, you can register with us for your assessments.
Log into your candidate area
Find up-to-date information on assessments and other useful documents in your Candidate’s Area.
Lead Veterinary Nurse Practitioner Routes
Current routes for nurses include: