Master General PractitionerOur highest qualification in primary care veterinary practice
The new ISVPS Master General Practitioner (MGP) award is the highest clinical qualification in primary care veterinary practice, awarded to veterinary surgeons who successfully pass our exams and assessments throughout My Veterinary Career with our accredited training provider, Improve Veterinary Education.
Who is the Master General Practitioner Certificate for?
What is My Veterinary Career?
Visit the Improve International website for more information on My Veterinary Career.
How will you benefit?
- Increasing the ability to:
- critically evaluate evidence and make clinical decisions on the strength of the best evidence available
- utilise more advanced techniques and recognise which cases would benefit from referral
- use self-reflection to inform and improve clinical practice.
- Building your confidence and knowledge to share with others in practice.
- Increasing peer and employer recognition of skills and expertise
- Achieving continuing professional development (CPD) requirements
How will your practice benefit?
- Potential increase in practice earnings, for example, through more comprehensive investigation and treatment
- Individuals will be more confident in clinical decisions and sharing knowledge
- Retaining talent and expertise through supporting career development
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention through skilled, confident vets
- Ability to illustrate high standards of patient care by having staff with ISVPS globally recognised qualifications
How will your patients and their owners’ benefit?
- The ISVPS purpose is focused on delivering compassionate animal care. The Master General Practitioner award is a globally recognised qualification that supports:
- Improved patient care from committed veterinary professionals
- Increased satisfaction as a result of best practice approaches, informed by the highest ethical standards
How to achieve the Master General Practitioner qualification?
Veterinarians obtain points with each ISVPS qualification they achieve, as well as gaining points through undertaking additional training modules in your discipline of interest. Once you have achieved 180 ISVPS points, you will be awarded a Master General Practitioner qualification!
For more information visit the Improve International website.
Get started now
To get started, enrol on the relevant course with our accredited training provider, Improve Veterinary Education. Once enrolled on a course, you can register with us for your assessments.
Log into your candidate area
Find up-to-date information on assessments and other useful documents in your Candidate’s Area.
Master General Practitioner Routes
Available routes include:
- Small Animal Medicine
- Small Animal Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging