General Practitioner Certificate in Small Animal Ultrasound
The Improve International GPCert(US) modular training programme has been accredited by ISVPS as being a suitable education programme based on the course content and the calibre of the tutors delivering the taught course.
Candidates are required to study all areas of the course syllabus, which comprises taught and non-taught areas. Full details of the course syllabus will be available from Improve International on registration.
The GPCert Ultrasound is NOT currently eligible for PgC or RCVS Advanced Practitioner Status as there is NO designation. Please contact the ISVPS for further details.
To achieve the General Practitioner Certificate in Ultrasound, awarded by ISVPS, candidates are required to:
- Complete the modular training programme
- completion of the pre and post module questions is strongly advised as an important part of your exam preparation, however, completion is not compulsory to achieve the certificate
- Submit 1 x 2,250-2,500 case report
- Undertake a 50 multiple choice question examination
- Undertake an online applied knowledge examination (OAKE) and a case based scenario examination (CBS)
Candidates will also be required to complete the following additional study:
- Further reading on the taught subjects
- Additional study of the non-taught areas of the course syllabus.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take?
Following course completion, candidates have up to four years to satisfy ISVPS assessment requirements and obtain the GPCert.
What if I am not successful in passing one of the components of the examination?
Candidates are required to pass all components of the examination to gain the GPCert(US) qualification. Candidates who fail their case report will be given clear indications where they were unsuccessful and guidelines on how to complete their case report to the required standard. There is a nominal fee to re-sit the final examination or resubmit the case report.
How do I get started?
Please contact us via email and we will send you a link to register.
Examination and Submission Dates
2023 Examination Candidates
- ISVPS Registration deadline: 31st July 2022
- Case Report: 31st January 2023
- MCQ Examination, case-based scenario and online applied knowledge examination: Week commencing 15th May 2023
(All examinations computer based with remote invigilation)