General Practitioner Certificate in Small Animal Dentistry & Oral Surgery
The Improve International GPCert(SADen&OS) modular training programme has been accredited by ISVPS as being a suitable education programme based on the course content and the calibre of the tutors delivering the taught course.
Candidates are required to study all areas of the course syllabus, which comprises taught and non-taught areas. Full details of the course syllabus will be available from Improve on registration.
The GPCert(SADen&OS) qualification has been validated by Harper Adams University(HAU) and candidates have the option of completing the GPCert and PgC in Small Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery, which carries 60 credits at a M Level 7. These credits can be used towards a higher qualification such as a Masters Degree.
The PgC Small Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery award is eligible for the RCVS Advanced Practitioner Status.
To achieve the General Practitioner Certificate in Small Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery, awarded by ISVPS, candidates are required to
- Complete the full modular training programme
- completion of the pre and post module questions is strongly advised as an important part of your exam preparation, however, completion is not compulsory to achieve the certificate
- Submit 1 x 2,250-2,500 case report
- Undertake a 50 Multiple Choice Question Examination
- Undertake an Online Applied Knowledge Examination (OAKE) and Case Based Scenario Examination (CBS)
Candidates will also be required to complete the following additional study:
- Further reading on the taught subjects
- Additional study of the non-taught areas of the course syllabus.
The GPCert is an entry requirement for the 60 academic credit Postgraduate Certificate (PgC), awarded by Harper Adams University. To achieve the PgC, candidates are required to:
- Undertake the General Practitioner Certificate (including completion of pre and post module questions)
- Submit 20 x 100-word case logs (comprising the case diary) and 1 x 500-word reflective essay (based on the case diary) to Harper Adams University
- Undertake the 20-credit Advanced Practitioner module via Harper Adams University
On successful attainment of the GPCert(SADen&OS) candidates will be awarded with a personalised certificate and their name will be included in the ISVPS register of General Practitioner Certificate holders.
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take?
Following course completion, candidates have up to four years to satisfy ISVPS assessment requirements and obtain the GPCert.
What if I am not successful in passing one of the components of the examination?
Candidates are required to pass all components of the examination to gain the GPCert(SADen&OS) qualification. Candidates who fail their case report will be given clear indications where they were unsuccessful and guidelines on how to complete their case report to the required standard. There is a nominal fee to re-sit the final examination or resubmit the case report.
How do I get started?
Please contact us via email and we will send you a link to register.